Attend Neurology and Behavioral Health for the Family Physician
Wednesday, October 24 – Saturday, October 27, 2018
Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION DISCOUNT AVAILABLE THROUGH
SEPTEMBER 22, 2018.
Early Bird $795
Early Bird $745
Student or Resident
Early Bird $545
Early Bird $795
Early Bird $1,095
Family physicians are often among the first to recognize common neurological and behavioral health issues patients are facing. It’s important to be informed about these issues and prepared to provide initial screenings, manage conditions, and refer to specialists as necessary.
Attend the AAFP’s new Neurology and Behavioral Health for the Family Physician live course in Phoenix, AZ, October 24–27.
You’ll get the latest on important neurological and behavioral disorders that span the lifetime and often coexist with other conditions. At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Develop evidence-based, primary care strategies for common neurological conditions in the care of their patients.
- Prepare effective plans to diagnose, treat, and manage common behavioral health conditions seen in primary care.
- Educate and counsel patients on behavior modification strategies to reduce risks of complications and improve outcomes related to their neurological and/or behavioral health.
- Provide effective care coordination when specialist referral is required.
- Utilize strategies to help patients overcome barriers to change in relation to disease management, including cultural competency, literacy skills, and access to services or care.
Earn up to 26 AAFP Prescribed credits—20 credits for attending the course and another 6 for participating in optional procedural skills workshops (additional fees apply).
AAFP members: $895/Nonmembers: $1,195
Optional Workshop Sessions
Participate in the clinical procedural workshops on Injections for Peripheral Nerve Entrapment, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, or Mindfulness to enhance your learning and hands-on experience.
Save $100 when you register by September 22. Register now or call (800) 274-2237.